There are various types of bread in the Arab world that has its unique ingredients and taste, so we will inform you in this article about the Arabic bread. In addition, it is bread, the first and main (and perhaps the only) food for millions of poor people around the world… and likewise from the rich, even if the bread of these differs from the bread of those.
There have been many types of bread, and their shapes and flavors, as there are at least 138 types of bread around the world, and they can be divided according to their shape. cornbread, and so on.
Here is a tour of the common types of Arabic bread in Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Yemen.
It is also known as Kuboos Arabic bread and Khubooz bread.
Tammis bread in Saudi Arabia
It is one of the most famous types of Arabic bread known in the Hijaz region. In addition, it is prepared at home in simple quantities and with economical ingredients in an easy way. Moreover, it is usually served with beans and cheese and occupies breakfast and dinner.
Ingredients of Tammis Arabic bread
- Three cups of flour.
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast.
- a tablespoon of sugar.
- A little salt.
How to prepare Tammis Arabic bread?
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and also yeast together.
- Then add water to them gradually during kneading.
- Knead the ingredients together with a dough hook, or by hand, gradually adding water, until a smooth and homogeneous dough is obtained.
- Cut the dough into balls.
- Then roll each ball separately using the dough broth, until a dough is obtained with a diameter approximately equal to an inch of the hand.
- Leave the rolled dough in a warm place and cover it until it ferments well for half an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Sprinkle some water on the dough.
- Then spread the sesame on the surface of the dough, to be baked in the oven after that at a temperature of 200 degrees.
- Leave it until it swells and matures so that it is then ready to be served.
Shrek bread in Saudi Arabia
Shrek bread ingredients
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ cup butter or oil
- A tablespoon of instant yeast or a piece of yeast equivalent to a tablespoon dissolved in a quarter cup of warm water and a teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons chickpeas, soaked and then finely ground
- a teaspoon of sugar
- warm water cup
- A cup of curd or yoghurt
- sesame for decoration
- Whipped egg with 1 tablespoon of powdered milk
- If the bread is salty:
- small spoon of salt
- A teaspoon of mixed spices
- Nigella for decoration
- If the bread is local,
- Quarter of a teaspoon of salt
- a teaspoon of sugar
- Some raisins, if desired
- Powdered sugar for decoration
How to prepare Shrek Arabic bread?
- Put all the dry ingredients together with the butter and rub them together well.
- Put the yeast in the water and also sugar.
- Add it to the dry ingredients and mix, then gradually adding water and yogurt
- If you feel that the dough is soft, you can add a pinch of flour because the ingredients may vary according to the type of flour, but you will not need a big difference.
- After the kneading is complete, leave it covered for half an hour.
- Knead it again, then divide it into medium balls, then press it twice to form a thick disk resembling a small loaf.
- Brush the top of the loaves with a beaten egg, then sprinkle with sesame and nigella
- If the bread is sweetened, brush it with a beaten egg, then sprinkle with sesame seeds and put raisins on top.
- Put the tray in a hot, medium oven and also leave it for half an hour
- After you take it out, sprinkle some icing sugar if you want it sweet.
Al-Hasawi Bread (Red) in Saudi Arabia
Ingredients of Red bread Saudi Arabia
- Bur 4 cups
- lukewarm water – a quarter cup
- Small spoon
- Olive oil
- A third of a cup
- Dates Mix Ingredients:
- kernelless koban
- Boiled water – two cups
How to prepare red bread in Saudi Arabic bread?
- To prepare the date mixture: In a bowl, put the dates and boiling water and leave the mixture aside for about 15 minutes.
- Put the date mixture in the bowl of a food processor and then grind the ingredients.
- To prepare the bread: In another bowl, mix the warm water, sugar, and yeast, then leave the mixture to ferment.
- In a bowl, place the flour, wheat flour, date mixture, olive oil, and yeast mixture.
- Knead the ingredients well until you get a cohesive dough.
- Cover the dough and set it aside to rest.
- Divide the dough into medium-sized circles, cover, and then set aside.
- Roll out the dough circles on a hard surface with a rolling pin.
- Heat a wide skillet over medium heat, then place the dough circles one by one, stirring occasionally, until the bread is cooked on both sides.
- Saj or northern bread
- The people of the northern border region are creative in making saj bread, or as some call it, the northern loaf that they learned from their ancestors, and the people of the region serve it with tea, milk or broth.
Kurd Bread in Yemen
Ingredients of Yemeni bread
- Three cups of millet flour (450 grams)
- Three cups of flour (450 grams).
- Five black peppercorns
- A teaspoon of cumin love.
- 1 teaspoon partly ground fenugreek (toasted)
- Two teaspoons of salt.
- warm water for kneading
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- sugar as desired.
How to prepare the Yemeni curd Arabic bread?
- Sift the millet and flour.
- Add yeast, salt and previous spices
- Add water in batches until we get a wet dough that does not stick to the hand and also leave it for about an hour and a half until it ferments.
- Cut it into balls and then baked in the back of the oven until maturity and reddened surface.
Ingredients of Lebanese bread
- 4 cups flour
- A quarter cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- pinch of salt
- warm water for kneading
How to prepare Lebanese Arabic bread?
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in ½ cup of water, and then set aside to react.
- Put the flour in a bowl, add the salt and oil, and then mix well.
- Add yeast mixture, and stir again.
- Gradually add water with continuous kneading until we get a soft and cohesive dough.
- Put in a bowl, cover, and then leave to ferment.
- Divide the dough into medium-sized balls, and then leave it to rest.
- Roll out the dough on a clean surface to become thin.
- Put a non-stick frying pan on the stove until hot.
- Place the bread in the skillet until it rises, flipping on both sides until browned and then cooked through.
- Repeat the process until the quantity runs out.
- Served with different recipes, it can be kept in the freezer until use.
In conclusion, You must try Arabic bread from any Arab country. In addition, it has many health benefits that will help you to improve your health.