Sudan is located in northeastern Africa, it’s one of the largest Arabic countries. It is bordered by the Red Sea, Egypt and Libya to the north, Chad and the Central African Republic to the west, and Ethiopia and Eritrea to the east
Capital of Sudan
Sudan’s capital, Khartoum, is located roughly in the center of the country, at the junction of the Blue Nile and White Nile rivers. It is part of the largest urban area in Sudan and is a center of commerce as well as government.
The Sudanese pound is the basic unit of the Republic of Sudan. The pound consists of 100 piasters. The pound is issued by the Central Bank of Sudan. Its value is linked to gold and convertible into foreign currencies.
Sudan has a tropical climate. Summer temperatures often exceed 43.3 degrees Celsius (110 degrees Fahrenheit) in the desert zones, and rainfall is negligible.
In addition dust storms frequently occur in the desert zone.
Tourism in Sudan Arab country
The Republic of Sudan is characterized by its amazing mix of ancient monuments and wonderful natural resources, and among the most important tourist places in the country are the following :
Pyramids of Meroe
- The pyramids of Meroe are considered the most famous tourist attraction in Sudan, and it dates back to the year 500 BC when it was built by the Meroitic pharaohs.
- These pyramids offer ancient hieroglyphic writings, drawings, and writings on the walls, and visitors can enter the pyramids and see these writings.
The Red Sea
Many tourists go to Sudan. This is in order to enjoy the clear waters of the Red Sea and its distinctive coral reefs.
Al Dinder National Park
- Al Dinder National Park is a nature reserve on the border between Sudan and Ethiopia.
- The Sudanese city of Dinder is home to one of Africa’s largest natural reserves with biodiversity.
- The reserve has charm and beauty, which made it a tourist destination. 
- Jebel Barkal is a mountain with a flat top, located in the north of the Sudanese capital, and it has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site
- In addition, it contains 13 temples, 3 palaces, a number of ancient monuments, and many old buildings located in the city of Nabata at the foot of this mountain.
It is considered one of the most important tourist destinations, as it contains many buildings, museums, and markets.
Read more about Arab Countries – Arab League – Famous Arab Cities – List of Arab Capitals