- Yemen is one of the Arabic worlds and is located in southwestern Asia, at the southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, between Oman and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- It is located at the entrance to the Bab al-Mandab Strait, which connects the Red Sea to the Indian Ocean (via the Gulf of Aden) and is one of the most active and strategic shipping lanes in the world.
- Yemen has an area of 527,970 square kilometers (203,850 sq mi), including the Brim Islands at the southern end of the Red Sea and Socotra Island at the entrance to the Gulf of Aden.
- Sanaa is the capital of Yemen. It is situated at the western foot of Jabal Nuqm, at an elevation of more than 7,200 feet (2,200 meters) above sea level, in the western part of the country.
- Sanaa has for many centuries been the chief economic, political, and religious center of the Yemen Highlands. The city’s name means “fortified place.”
The current population of Yemen is 31,489,756
The currency of Yemen Arab country
The Yemeni rial is the currency of Yemen. Our currency reviews indicate that the most popular currency exchange rate for Yemen Rial is the USD to YER rate. The currency code for Rials is YER
The official language of Yemen is Modern Standard Arabic.
The climate of Yemen can be described as a dry, hot desert subtropical climate with low annual rainfall, very high summer temperatures, and a large difference between the maximum and minimum temperatures, especially in the interior regions.
Best tourist cities in Yemen
- The city of Taiz, located near the port city of Mocha on the Red Sea, is the third largest city in Yemen.
- Taiz is one of the important cities in Yemen that includes many wonderful attractions, which vary between charming landscapes, recreational parks, archaeological sites, and beautiful beaches.
Tourism in Sana’a
- The city of Sana’a is the capital of Yemen, and the oldest city in the region of the Arab world, as it is one of the best and most important tourist cities in Yemen.
- It is located on a high plain up to 2200 meters above sea level.
Tourism in Zabid
Zabid village is the first Islamic city in Yemen, and it is one of the important tourist attractions in the country. Zabid was registered by UNESCO in 1993 as a World Heritage site.