- Beirut is the capital of Lebanon, a port city located on the eastern side of the Mediterranean coast.
- The geographical area of Beirut is sixty-seven square kilometres.
- some estimates that count the population of Beirut differs, but only one of the statistics is that the total population is about 938,940 people.
- According to another statistic, their number is about 1,303,129 people, and there is a third statistic with a population of 2,012,000 people.
What is the currency of Beirut ?
The Lebanese Pound is the currency of Beirut
What are the best famous malls to visit in Beirut
- Centro Mall
- ABC Mall
- City Centre Beirut
The reason for its name Beirut
- Beirut was mentioned for the first time in the slabs of Tell el-Amarna as “Birota,” and the Phoenicians called it “Beret,” which means wells Likewise, it was named by several names in relation to the goddess “Beirut,” and among these names are Berroh and Berroh.
- As for the Semitic language, the name Beirut means pine, due to its location near the dense pine forests that are now known as Beirut’s woods.
- The Romans called it “the mother of laws” after the largest institute of law that was built in the empire, but in the modern era during the sixties and early twentieth century it was called the “Paris of the East”
Tourist attractions of Beirut Arab Capital
- Rosha rock.
- Martyrs statue.
- Sursock Palace.
- Muhammad Al-Amin Mosque.
- Statue of Riad El Solh.
- Al Hamidiyah Clock Tower.
- Al-Omari Great Mosque.
- Mar Georges exhibitions.
- Robert Private Museum.