The Egyptian Arabic Republic
- Egypt is an Arabic country located in the northeastern corner of Africa.
- The country borders the Mediterranean Sea to the north and the Gulf of Suez and the Red Sea to the east. It is bordered by Libya in the west, the Palestinian territory (Gaza Strip) in the northeast, and Sudan in the south.
Capital of Egypt
- Cairo is the capital of Egypt and the largest city in the Arab world.
- A population of Cairo over 20 million, is the largest in Africa, the Arab world, and the Middle East, and the 6th-largest in the world.
- Cairo is located on the eastern bank of the Nile in North Africa, bordered to the east and south by the Eastern Desert, to the north by Qalyubia Governorate, and from the west by Giza Governorate, as well as the Nile River and Giza Governorate.
The currency of Egypt
The official currency of Egypt is the Egyptian Pound (EGP). The symbol used for the EGP is E£. The Egyptian Pound is subdivided into smaller currency denominations known as qirsh or millimes.
1 EGP = 100 qirsh = 1000 millemes.
The current population of Egypt is 106,857,933 as of Monday, November 7, 2022, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.
Tourism in Egypt Arab country
Egypt contains many places that attract visitors, and here are some of them:
The pyramids of Giza:
a complex of four thousand years old, it contains royal pyramids, temples, and bridges, and the transition takes place from the smaller pyramid called Mankor, to the middle pyramid called Khafre, and finishes with the Great Pyramid called Khufu or the Great Pyramid of Giza.
Sphinx is a statue located in Giza near the pyramid of Khafre, and it was carved into natural rocks,
and this statue symbolizes Pharaoh as the incarnation of the sun god Ra.
Cairo Tower is a tower that was established in 1961 AD, resembling the Egyptian lotus flower, and its height is 187 meters, as this tower is the second most famous landmark in Cairo after the pyramids.
The Egyptian Museum:
The Egyptian Museum is a museum located in the center of Cairo, and it contains a large collection of Pharaonic antiquities.
Cairo Citadel (Citadel of Saladin):
The Citadel of Saladin is considered one of the most important landmarks in Islamic Cairo, and it is located in the “Al-Qalaa” neighborhood that follows the Caliph Department. It was built on a hillside separated from Mokattam Mountain on the outskirts of Cairo.
Read more about Arab Countries – Arab League – Famous Arab Cities – List of Arab Capitals