When talking about Arabic desserts, you will find many, many delicious recipes for sweets. In addition, Arab countries have many famous desserts. In this article, we will tell you about the most delicious Arabic sweets and how to make them.
Basbousa Arabic dessert
Ingredients of Basbousa from the Arabic desserts
- Sugar (cup and a half)
- Ghee (Melted 5 tablespoons)
- Coconut (Half a cup of grated)
- Liquid milk (1 Glass)
- Diameter (cup and a half)
Steps to make Egyptian Basbousa from the Arabic desserts
- In a bowl, put semolina, sugar, and ghee. Rub the ingredients with your hands until they are completely coated with the ghee.
- Add coconut and stir until blended.
- Add the milk and mix the ingredients until homogeneous without kneading.
- Spread the basbousa mixture evenly on a greased oven tray.
- Garnish the face of the basbousa with almonds and put the tray in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20 to 25 minutes until it is golden and browned.
- Pour the hot syrup on the basbousa while it is hot, leave it until it cools, then cut it and serve it on your table. Follow these tips to ensure that you prepare a soft basbousa every time.
Om Ali Arabic dessert
Ingredients for making Umm Ali
- Powdered milk (8 tablespoons)
- Puff pastry (500g)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Water (Six and a half cups)
- Butter (130g)
- Cream (1 box and a half)
- Cashews (1/4 cup)
- Peeled and halved almonds (1/4 cup)
- Peeled pine nuts (1/4 cup)
- Peeled pistachios (1/4 cup)
Steps to make Om Ali
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 180 degrees.
- Spread the puff pastry, stretch it and cut it into cubes of medium size.
- Place the puff pieces in the oven tray until they are browned, about thirty minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and leave the pieces aside to cool slightly.
- Put the cashews, almonds, pine nuts, and pistachios in the tray, and put them in the oven to toast and change their color and leave them aside.
- Dissolve the milk and water well in a bowl.
- Put the melted milk, cream, sugar, and butter in a saucepan, and stir the ingredients over low heat until the cream mixture boils, and set it aside.
- Put in a pyrex tray, a layer of nuts, followed by a layer of puff chips.
- Pour the cream mixture into the pyrex tray and put it in the oven until the texture of Umm Ali is slightly stiffened and then ready to be served, with the possibility of decorating the surface of the tray with more nuts.
Qatayef Arabic dessert
Ingredients of Katayef
- Flour 4 cups
- Warm water 4 cups
- Sugar big spoon
- Yeast big spoon
- Baking powder Small spoonful
The Qatayef sherbet
sugar (2 kg)
Water (1 Litre)
juice of 2 lemons
White honey or glucose honey (2 tablespoons)
Steps to make Qatayef
- In a cup of warm water, add yeast and sugar, and leave the mixture until bubbles form on the face.
- Then we make sure that the yeast is effective and reliable in preparing Qatayef.
- In another bowl, we add the raw materials, which are 4 cups of flour, and a small spoonful of baking powder.
- Pinch of salt, then add the yeast solution after making sure that it is ready.
- Then add the remaining water and continue stirring until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- In a bowl on the fire, and make sure that the bowl is not sticky so that the process of obtaining Qatayef is successful.
- Add a hanging of oil and make sure that it touched all the sides of the bowl.
- Then using the spoon we add a hanging of the mixture in the bowl in a circle on low heat.
- After bubbles appear in The mixture we flip the qatayef on the other side until we get a golden color.
- Then the qatayef is ready for filling, whether the filling is sweet or savory.
How to prepare Qatayef Sherbet?
In a bowl, add water and sugar and continue stirring until all the sugar grains disappear in the water.
Raise the mixture on the fire, leaving the mixture until it becomes thick. Then add lemon to it, and then the syrup is ready, and this large amount can be kept in the refrigerator.
kahk Arabic dessert
Ingredients of Kahk
- A kilo of flour.
- a cup of ghee.
- A spoon of yeast.
- A spoon of powdered sugar.
- A cup of warm water.
- A tablespoon of sesame.
- A quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
Steps to make Kahk Arabic dessert
- Mix the following ingredients together (flour, salt, baking powder, kahk aroma, sugar, and sesame).
- Put a spoonful of yeast in the warm milk, stir well, and then add it to the ingredients.
- Add the ghee after filtering it.
- Keep stirring the mixture well until it becomes a cohesive dough
- You can use the ready-made inscription boxes to make the shape of the cake, or pellet it and decorate it with a fork.
- Cover the cake and let it brew for two hours.
- At a temperature of 180, put the cake in a lightly greased tin in the oven and leave it for 25 minutes.
- Crush sugar and sprinkle on the cake before serving it to guests with hot drinks.
Libyan porridge Arabic dessert
Ingredients of Libyan porridge
- 2 cups (500 ml) water.
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water.
- 1 cup (200 g) melted butter.
- 2 cups (300 g) flour.
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) oil.
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 g) salt.
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) white honey, or date molasses.
Steps to make Libyan Porridge from the Arabic desserts
- Add water, oil, and salt, stir well, then bring to a boil.
- Add the flour, and stir constantly until the flour drinks water.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and continue to stir for 8-10 minutes, until the texture becomes smooth.
- Return the mixture to the heat again, then add ½ cup of water, and stir constantly until the dough drank the water completely.
- Add the rest of the water, and stir constantly until the dough drinks the water completely.
- In a large bowl, put ¼ cup of melted butter, and add to the porridge while it is hot.
- Put on gloves so you don’t get burned, and start kneading the porridge with the butter until smooth.
- Form the porridge into a large ball, then place it in a deep serving dish.
- Make a small hole in the middle of the porridge.
- Pour the rest of the butter into the bottom of the dish and over the porridge, leaving the hole empty of butter.
- Pour honey or date molasses into the hole, then serve it to your family.
In conclusion, Arabic desserts are worth to be tasted. You will never regret trying it, it has many ingredients that make the Arabic desserts many delicious dishes.