Tourism in Oman
Tourism in Arab countries is outstanding and Oman is one of it. The Sultanate of Oman is an Arab country located in the southwestern part of Asia, on the southeast side of the Arabian Peninsula, surrounded on the northeast by the Sea of Oman, and on the southeast by the Indian Ocean.
Oman shares land borders with Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen, and it shares maritime borders with Iran and Pakistan.
The capital of Oman is Muscat and the country’s largest city. which was founded in the nineteenth century.
- Muscat is located on the Omani Gulf, as it lies in the area between the Gulf of Oman and the Hajar Mountains.
- The city of Muscat is also one of the most densely populated areas in the Sultanate of Oman
A History of Oman
- Oman has a rich history dating back 100,000 years.
- Oman is the oldest independent state in the Arab world.
- By the 18th century, the Omani Empire stretched from present day Oman down the east coast of Africa. A new era began in 1970 when Sultan Qaboos bin Said changed the name of the country from the Sultanate of Muscat and Oman to simply Oman.
The population of Oman
According to the latest statistics, It is 5.107 million people.
What is the language of Oman ?
Arabic is the national language of Oman
What is the currency of Oman?
The OMR is the national currency of the Sultanate of Oman
How is the weather in Oman?
The weather in Oman is similar to that of the rest of the countries of the Arabian Peninsula, where the summer is hot, while the winter approaches the winter of the Mediterranean countries.
- During the summer months from March and April to October, the weather is hot In the period from May to July, temperatures can reach 40 degrees Celsius.
Oman main airport:
- Muscat International Airport
Shopping Malls in Oman
- Salalah Gardens Mall
- Muscat City Centre
- Oman Avenues Mall
- Safeer Mall
- Muscat Grand Mall
- Nizwa Grand Mall
- Oasis Mall
- Markaz Al Bahja
Hotels in Oman
There are many hotels with different categories, thus it attracts many tourists such as:
- Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara
- Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort
- The Chedi
- Kempinski Hotel Muscat
- Six Senses Zighy Bay
- Dunes by Al Nahda
- Royal Tulip Muscat
- InterContinental Muscat, an IHG Hotel
Oman tourism attractions, you must visit
Beaches, plains and mountains |Tourism in Oman
Oman is characterized by the diversity of its nature, from plains, mountains, and beaches that attract tourists from all over the world, and the most important of these areas that tourists visit:
Al Jabal Al Akhdar:
- Al Jabal Al Akhdar is located in the Wilayat of Nizwa. It is distinguished by its agricultural diversity, from flowers and trees, such as: almond trees, walnuts, and pomegranates
- This mountain reaches a height of 3000 meters, and it has a mild climate in summer, and cold in winter.
Al Mughsail Beach
- Al Mughsail Beach Salalahis located in the west of Salalah, and it is famous for its fine silver sand, which can be seen from the Murnif Cave in Al Mughsail.
- The Murnif Cave in the Al Mughsail Beach area is one of the beautiful caves that attracts large numbers of visitors, as it is located 40 km from Salalah and overlooks the sea
Itin Plain is located in the northwestern part of the city of Salalah,
and the Itin Plain is considered a favorite destination by locals and tourists alike, as it includes wide green spaces, lush plants and trees, and a group of picturesque springs.
Museums in Oman|Tourism in Oman
- The Land of Frankincense Museum
- The Maritime Museum in Sur
- The National Museum Of Oman
- Bait Al Zubair Museum
- Omani- French Museum
- Old Castle Museum
- Sultan Armed Forces Museum Muscat
- Ghalya’s Museum of Modern Art
Castles and Forts in Oman|Tourism in Oman
- Mutrah Fort
- Nizwa Fort
- Bahla Fort
- Jabreen Castle
- Nakhal Fort