The city or Emirate of Ajman is the smallest of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates, and it covers an area of 260 square kilometers.
Ajman is situated on the coast of the Arabian Gulf between the Emirate of Sharjah and Umm Al Quwain and comprises Manama and Masfout cities
What means Ajman?
Ajman is Muslim name which means – Beautiful Jewel.
What is the history of Ajman?
- Ajman was founded by the Al Naim tribe who flocked to the region around 1775. The emirate first emerged as an independent entity in 1820 AD.
- On 8 January 1820, Sheikh Rashid ibn Humayd Al Nuaimi signed the General Maritime Treaty with Britain, accepting a protectorate to keep the Ottoman Turks out.
How is the weather in Ajman ?
- In Ajman, the summers are long, sweltering, and arid; the winters are comfortable and dry; and it is mostly clear year round.
- Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 58°F to 105°F and is rarely below 53°F or above 111°F.
What is the currency of Ajman ?
The currency in Ajman is Arab Emirates Dirham
In 2021 2022, the population of the city of Ajman, United Arab Emirates is – 260 492 people.
What are the best famous malls to visit in Ajman ?
- Ajman City Centre
- Safeer Mall Ajman
- Grand Centrale
- Ajman China Mall
- Dana Mall
- Gift Way General Trading
How to reach Dubai from Ajman ?
- The most preferred way to commute to Dubai from Ajman is by bus as it is more economical and not too different than going by road.
- The distance is just 40 kms and you will reach Dubai in 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the traffic conditions.
What are the kinds of transportation available in Ajman?
There are many types of transportation in Ajman such as:
What are the main airports of Ajman?
Ajman International Airport.
Hotels in Ajman
- Ramada by Wyndham Beach Hotel Ajman
- Paradise Inn 1 Tabasum Group
- Dream Palace Hotel
- Mermaid Beach Hotel LLC
- Ajman Beach Hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Ajman
- Ewan Ajman Suites Hotel
- Wyndham Garden Ajman Corniche
Tourism in Ajman
- The Ajman Museum was established in the old Ajman Castle, which was established in the eighteenth century AD.
- Ajman Museum includes several sections that offer a compelling glimpse of Ajman’s past, including archaeology, manuscripts, folk costumes, souvenirs.
Al Zorah Nature Reserve
- Al Zorah Nature Reserve is located to the north of the city , It is a vibrant ecosystem made up of mangroves, turquoise lagoons and sandy beaches
- Al Zorah Nature Reserve is home to nearly 58 species of birds including pink flamingo, egret and heron.
- Masfout Castle lies on a mountaintop in the Hajar Mountain range, the 19th-century Masfout Castle was built as a defence against bandits heading to neighbouring Oman.
- The castle is small consisting of just two rooms and a gate which form the stone, mud and timber tower.
Sheikh Zayed Mosque Ajman
- One of the major Ajman tourist attractions, the Sheikh Zayed Mosque is an impressive traditional architecture of sacred importance.
- The Sheikh Zayed Ajman Mosque is known for its rich and grand architecture.
- Ajman Beach Ajman Beach is one of the most important landmarks and places that tourists visit in the Emirate of Ajman.
- The beach provides visitors with the opportunity to walk along the beach, which is characterized by its charming and soft white sand.