Hurghada resorts, beaches, and best tourist places
Egypt has many tourist cities. Among these cities, Hurghada is one of the most important coastal touristic destinations in Egypt, because Hurghada has many advantages that qualify it to be the first choice for the tourism sector. In addition to that a large number of tourists and travelers, whether Arabs or foreigners. In this article, we will explain Hurghada resorts, beaches, hotels, in addition to the best tourist places.
Hurghada is among the top 10 tourist destinations in the world
- The travel platform Tripadvisor has named Hurghada resort city as one of the world’s most popular touristic destinations for 2022, as a result a list published by the website that highlights the best and most popular tourist destinations among travelers.
- This year, the list included 10 destinations worldwide, including Hurghada in spot 10.
- The website had previously selected the Egyptian cities of Alexandria and Sharm El-Sheikh for their 2020 list.
- City rankings are based on traveler ratings of its restaurants, accommodations, moreover activities. The list also included the most-traveled destinations of 2020 and places travelers would like to go in 2022.
These are Trip advisor’s highest-rated, most-loved overall places for 2022:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- London, United Kingdom
- Cancún, Mexico
- Bali, Indonesia
- Crete, Greece
- Rome, Italy
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Paris, France
- Hurghada, Egypt
The city of Hurghada is located in the north of the Red Sea on the western beach. In addition that it is the administrative capital of the Red Sea Governorate.
North: Ras Ghareb
South: the city of Safaga
East: the coast of the Red Sea
West: the Red Sea Mountain
It occupies an area of 11261 km.
It enjoys a moderate temperature throughout the year. The weather is hot during the day and cold at night, especially during the winter months.
Reason for the name “Hurghada”:
There are two thoughts :
First: The name Hurghada is derived from the name “Hurghada”, a plant that was spread in this region. Moreover, it was called by other names. For instance, “Gab El-Deeb” or “Fayrouz Al-Shatan”, then the name evolved to Al-Gharqa.
Second: its name comes from prehistoric times when it was called the land of Horjat, which is its name in foreign languages, Horgada.
There are many islands, but we will mention the most important of them:
1. Giftun Islands:
- Giftun Island is 11 km from the shores of Hurghada.
- Moreover, it has the best diving spots, whatever it is surface or deep diving.
- It has beaches of a distinctive style, moreover it is the most popular touristic island within the city of Hurghada.
- The island also represents a nature reserve, which includes seagrasses and is characterized by the covering and high diversity of coral reefs. It is also inhabited by a large number of birds and marine animals, some of which are considered endangered.
2. Abu Minqar Island:
- It is three kilometers east of Hurghada and it is one of the most important islands in the northern Red Sea, due to its environmental importance its richness in coral reefs and mangroves, despite its relatively small size.
- There are many areas, including diving, tourism, moreover fishing activities
- It contains many types of migratory birds such as seagulls, herons, terns, and ospreys.
- It contains Elba Marine Reserve, which is moreover one of the most mangrove-rich islands in the Red Sea. Some of these trees may reach more than five meters in length.
3. Magawish Island:
- Magawish Island is located 7.5 km southeast of Hurghada.
- It is one of the oldest and the largest islands in Hurghada.
- In addition to its beaches with fine sand extend for 2 km and embrace the waters of the Red Sea with its calm waves.
- There are many tourist and recreational activities such as diving, windsurfing, and horse riding.
- The island is classified as a “four-star” category.
4. Shidwan Island
- It is also known as “Shaker Island”.
- In the northern part of the island, you will be amazed when you see a wall of semi-vertical coral reefs at a depth of more than 40m, as it is the largest reef island.
- It has many wonderful fish species, which vary from reef sharks, grayfin, as well as whitefin, hawksbill turtles, dolphins, fan fish, and coral fish.
Hurghada resorts, beaches and best tourist places:
First resort: El Gouna:
- El Gouna is one of the most famous touristic resorts located in Hurghada on the Red Sea coast.
- Due to its a privileged location as it is only about 30 km from Hurghada, and about 45 km from Sharm El-Sheikh, and the government had built a sea route connecting them.
- El Gouna is as a result is one of the most famous and most beautiful integrated tourist villages in Egypt. In addition that is a wonderful place for recreation and entertainment, moreover enjoys picturesque nature.
Recreational places, such as:
- Huge golf course, and El Gouna has hosted international golf competitions.
- A suitable location for deep diving.
- Doing various water sports.
- A road or sea picnic.
Major beaches, for instance:
First Hurghada beach: Zaitouna Beach
Second Hurghada beach: Mangroovy Beach
Districts, such as:
There are 6 districts:
First district: Marina Town.
Second district: Mediterranean Quarter.
Third district: Golf district.
Fourth district: Nubian district.
Fifth district: Al-Hadba district.
- There are many hotels and health resorts in El Gouna, ranging from three stars to five stars and intended for tourists from inside and outside Egypt.
Vital facilities for instance:
- A small airport for the resort, for private planes, and for charter planes.
- Technical University of Berlin.
- A fully-equipped hospital.
- EGIS. School.
- A small museum containing about 90 exhibits.
- Library of the Embassy of Knowledge, which is an advanced digital library, as has a digital link the Library of Alexandria.
Second resort: Sahl Hasheesh
- It is a tourist area located 25 km south of Hurghada on the coastal strip of the Red Sea.
- It is one of the latest mega tourism projects on the coast of the Red Sea.
- Sahl Hasheesh includes a city center, the main gathering place, and a cinema complex for the overall entertainment process.
- The construction of an upper bridge crosses the borders of the sea and reaches a distance of 250 meters, as it is considered one of the most important attractions.
- It includes 14 hotels and a tourist village.
Third resort: Soma Bay
- Soma Bay is a tourist resort on the Red Sea coast in Egypt, 45 km south of Hurghada International Airport.
- It is a peninsula, as it is almost completely surrounded by seawater.
- There are many features in Soma Bay, such as a group of houses and villas overlooking the beach and different locations of the reefs
Recreational places such as:
- Reef sites for diving sports.
- Golf Academy, which hosted several tournaments.
- Places for recreation and health are known as “spas”
- Places for water games, including what is known as Kitesurfing, depend on the strength of the wind.
There are many other Hotels and famous places as well:
- Kempinski Hotel
- Robinson Club
- Cascades Golf Resort
- Breakers Diving Resort.
Fourth resort: Makadi Bay:
- About 30 kilometers south of Hurghada on the Red Sea
- It is characterized by its mild weather and beautiful golden sand, and it includes a range of recreational games for children, cafes, playgrounds, cinemas, and recreational games for children.
The main districts in Hurghada:
Its main neighborhoods are the Al-Dahar district, Al-Sakala district, and Al-Ahya district.
- It is a popular area in the city and is the center of the old city.
- Dahar district shows the traditional Egyptian life mixed with the Bedouin character.
- It contains popular markets, shops, and a fish market.
- There are tourist routes such as the Walking Road, the Plateau Road. In addition to the Airport Road, and the Sheraton Road.
- It has many hotels, shops, shopping malls, clubs, and restaurants. Eventhough it remain open to tourists until after midnight.
- It is a new neighborhood.
Hurghada Tourist places:
1. Hurghada Museum:
- The museum opened on February 29, 2020The area of the museum is about 10,000 meters, including 3,000 meters the area of the museum exhibition hall for artifacts
- It includes 2,000 antiquities from different eras, including Pharaonic, Roman, Coptic and Islamic, and artifacts belonging to the family of Muhammad Ali.
- The Grand Aquarium is a museum that highlights the marine life in Hurghada
- The Hurghada Aquarium is the only Aquarium in Hurghada, in addition to it includes a small zoo and its opening was in January 2015, to display a large group of marine creatures. Moreover to the ability to communicate with them and get to know them closely.
- The Aquarium includes 24 exhibits, including Shark Tunnel, Rainforest, in addition to a Whale Valley.
- The Hurghada Aquarium includes sharks up to 5 meters in length, stingrays, and green sea turtles.
3. National Institute of Marine Sciences:
- The National Institute of Marine Science and Fisheries is related to the Ministry of Scientific Research.
- In addition to that oldest institutes specialized in marine sciences in the Middle East.
- The museum contains many stuffed fish from the environment of the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean, in addition to mermaids, dolphins, sharks, turtles and other fish.
- The aquarium at the institute includes twenty-six glass aquariums. Therefor it displays live fish, especially coral reef fish.
- Moreover, the Institute’s library is one of the oldest scientific libraries which specializes in the field of marine environment and fisheries in the Middle East. Because It contains many books, references and scientific maps of great value.
The mosque is considered one of the largest mosques in the governorate. Moreover, it is characterized by a unique architectural style that qualifies it to become a tourist attraction.
The tomb of Abu Al-Hasan Al-Shazly:
This tomb is one of the places that were established during the era of the Ayyubid state in Egypt.
- Monastery of Anba Antonios.
- The Monastery of Anba Paula or the Monastery of St. Paula There are ancient churches in the monastery: The ancient church that was inhabited by Anba Paul, the church of Abu Sefin, in addition to the church of the angel, with twelve domes as a number of students
- The Cathedral of Anba Shenouda.
- Church of the Virgin and Archangel Michael.
- Marmina Monastery.
- St. Mark’s Church
In conclusion, Hurghada is one the most attractive destination, due to its natural site. because of that, you will never regret visiting Hurghada and enjoying all the facilities, as we have mentioned in this article Hurghada resorts, beaches, and the best tourist places.